Spring 2013 Events in Glenveagh National Park
Start Date : March 10, 2013
End Date : April 1, 2013
Time : 9:00 am to5:00 am
Phone : +00 353 (0)74 9137090 EXT 3609
Email : [email protected]
SPRING 2013 EVENTS IN GLENVEAGH NATIONAL PARK
(All Activities on all dates 12-4pm)
Mothers Day Sunday 10th March
- Live Music and Birds of Prey Display @ The Castle.
- All Mothers go free on the bus, in the castle and receive a complimentary chocolate in the tea rooms.
St Patricks Day Sunday 17th & Monday 18th March
- Live Music and Birds of Prey Display around The Castle
- Nature Room Open 12-4pm both days with children’s activities
- Free bus ticket for those who can say 'St Patricks Day' in Irish at the Visitor Centre Desk!
Easter Sunday 31st March & Monday 1st April
- Irish Music and Birds of Prey Display @ The Castle
- Childrens Easter Art Room, Craft Stalls and Fun Worksheet for 10-16yr olds at Visitor Centre. Great prizes include Family Heritage Cards and Vouchers for Glenveagh
- Nature Room Open – ‘Birds in Spring’ Display
- Bird Nest Making at the Log Cabin on the Nature Trail:
(Come along and learn about the amazing world of birds, how they build their nests and lay their eggs. Try your hand at making your very own nest from materials foraged from the ground and then leave it in a special place hoping that a bird will find it and use it as a home.)
- Easter Prize for children walking any of our trails – look out for the secret word along the way!
(Enjoy a wander up or down the new pathway between the Visitor Centre and Castle, a climb to the View Point, or around the Nature Trail and collect your reward at the Visitor Centre, Nature Room or Castle Desk. You’ll have to pass by the secret word along the way to get your treat – so watch out carefully as you go along! One treat per child while stocks last. (Easter Sunday and Monday only))
Nature Room Open all week 31st March – 7th April
Childrens activites during the second week of the school holidays.
Family Easter Challenge
Come to Glenveagh National Park and walk (or cycle!) any of our trails and paths together. Make a scrapbook of your adventures, including photos, items you’ve collected, memories, records of what you saw and where you went. Be as creative as you like and enjoy making this special family keepsake. Send it in to us and we’ll pick a wining entry, with a fantastic family prize for the best scrapbook. We’ve made two samples to give you some ideas – these are on display at the Visitor Centre and the Nature Centre during the Easter Holidays. Closing date is Monday 15th April. All entries will be kept safe for collection after the competition is finished.
The Park is open daily from 9am - 5.30pm
(6pm from 28th March)
Free facilities: Car Park, Visitor Centre, Audio Visual, Nature Centre, Castle Gardens
A free bus will leave the Visitor Centre at 10am going to the Lough Inshagh Gate & the Head of the Glen walking trails on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays.
Castle Tea Rooms Open 11am - 4pm (5pm @ weekends)
Organized by DLEvents
Glenveagh National Park ,
Glenveagh, Churchill, Co Donegal
Glenveagh National Park lies in the heart of the Derryveagh Mountains in the north-west of Co. Donegal. It is a remote and hauntingly beautiful wilderness of rugged mountains and pristine lakes. The Park, over 16,000 hectares in extent consists of three areas. The largest of these is the former Glenveagh Estate, including most of the Derryveagh Mountains. To the west are the quartzite hills around Crocknafarragh and to the south, the peatlands of Lough Barra bog, Meenachullion and CrockastollerTel: +00 353 (0)74 9137090 EXT 3609
Email: [email protected]
Contact the Organizer
For information on Spring Events at Glenveagh National Park contact
Tel:+00 353 (0)74 9137090 EXT 3609 OR (0)74 9137698
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 4.30pm.